Village of Dimondale
The Village of Dimondale is located in Windsor Township in Eaton County, Michigan on a bend of the Grand River, just southwest of Lansing. Isaac M. Dimond came to the area in 1848 and, among his many enterprises, began to construct a dam on the Grand River. A grist mill was completed by 1856, and the Village was platted in 1859. By 1880, the Village boasted seven stores, two millinery shops, a planing mill, grist mill, sawmill and several machine shops. Dimondale became incorporated as a village in 1906.
Dimondale is served by the Holt School District and Dimondale Elementary School is located within the Village.