The Village of Dimondale is located in Windsor Township in Eaton County, Michigan on a bend of the Grand River, just southwest of Lansing. Isaac M. Dimond came to the area in 1848 and, among his many enterprises, began to construct a dam on the Grand River. A grist mill was completed by 1856, and the Village was platted in 1859. By 1880, the Village boasted seven stores, two millinery shops, a planing mill, grist mill, sawmill and several machine shops. Dimondale became incorporated as a village in 1906.
Dimondale is served by the Holt School District and Dimondale Elementary School is located within the Village. For more historical information about the Village of Dimondale, the book "Windsor Township Heritage & Horizons", written by Thelma Caruss, can be purchased in the Village Office.